Video can be a powerful addition to your website, and YourVirtuoso provides tools to allow you to add them using the website editor.
You will need to have the video available on one of the video sharing sites like YouTube to show it on your site.
Access your Website Editor
Login to your admin website and click the Website Editor under the Content menu
Create a Draft of the page where the video belongs
- Use the site navigation or links to go to the page where you want to insert the video
- Click Create Draft
Edit the TEXT area where the video goes
- Click in the blue highlighted TEXT area where you would like the video to be inserted or added
- You CANNOT add a video to an image area (you could, however, use the Add Content button to add a text area below it, and add video to that)
Find your Video
- Open a new window or tab in your browser and go to the site where the video is found. For this example we will use YouTube.
- Find the video as if you were going to play it
- Click Share
Get the "Embed" Code
- Click Embed to have YouTube create the website code (HTML) that you will need to use in your YourVirtuoso site
- You can use the YouTube options to change the characteristics of the video, or jsut leave them at their default settings
- Select and copy the code to your clipboard using your browser's Edit/Copy menu. Be sure to get all the code copied from the first "<" to the ending ">"
Switch your Website Editor to "HTML" mode
- Switch back to the tab or window where you were editing your website
- In the text editor window that opened when you clicked the text area in the earlier step Click the <> tool to "Toggle HTML Source"
Add Your Embed Code
- Click below all the code to place the cursor at the bottom, and use your browser's Edit/Paste menu to paste the code that you copied from YouTube into the editor.
- YouTube does not use its full web address, which is a problem for the editor, so you need to edit the code, changing the text src="//www to src="http://www by adding the http: before the slash characters
- Click the HTML Tool "<>" again to return to normal editing
Note: You can insert the video at the top, or in the middle of the text, but you will need to understand the basics of HTML to unsure it is put in a valid position. Between paragraphs is an acceptable choice, which means pasting the code after an end of paragraph code </p> and before the next paragraph start code <p>
- Check that the video does not show up as an error, and if it does show an error, go back to html mode to check the code has the correct src="http:// in it
- Click OK
- Click Save Draft
- Click Publish