YourVirtuoso allows you to have multiple locations where you teach. At least one is required in order for you to set up your class schedule.
This document describes the options you have in setting up your location so that it appears on your website with maps, descriptions, directions etc.
Go to your list of locations
Click on Setup and select Locations
Adding or Editing Your Location(s)
You will see a list of your locations. If you specified a studio during sign up it will be named "Main Studio".
- To change the name of your "Main Studio" and check it is correctly set up, click on its name. Then click on one of the Edit buttons if you need to change the location information or its Maps links and directions.
- To add a location click on Add a Location at the top left of the list.
Editing Studio Location Information
- Fill in the information form that appears on the Set Location Information page using the name and description you want to appear on your public website for this location. You must provide information for all the fields marked with an asterisk (*) as they are important to the functioning of the system. If you omit one of these fields by accident, and try to go to the next screen, the field name will turn red.
- If there are several rooms available at this location, click on the rooms link to provide their names, so that classes and lessons can be assigned to them specifically.
- Tax Status is the last required field on this page, and it allows you to classify sales at this location to be exempt from sales tax. We strongly recommend that you consult an accountant or tax attorney to ensure you handle sales tax correctly. If you do not charge explicity for materials, and/or if you pay sales tax to the vendor of the materials, you may be exempt. For locations that are not exempt, YourVirtuoso will charge sales tax on class materials according to the state, county and city of the location, and you must remit those taxes to your local taxing authority. In this case, you should check the tax rates shown under MyInfo.
- Now click on the Save or Next > button to provide maps and pictures for this location.
Set Location Maps and Pictures
- On this page. you will set up links to internet sites that will provide maps and directions to your location. You may choose from three different internet sites: Mapquest, Yahoo and Google. Click on the View links to preview any of the maps or directions. Click on the Use links to specify which internet site to use.
- In the text area labeled General Directions, you may provide your own text directions and/or embellish the internet directions with details such as nearby landmarks etc.
- The lower area allows you to provide two pictures of your location. The Main Picture is a photo that will be displayed when a customer asks for detailed information about that location. The Icon Picture is a small photo that will be used next to the location name when a list of all locations is displayed.
- If you have suitable pictures on your computer, from a digital camera for example, click on Choose File for each of the two pictures, and your computer will prompt you to pick the appropriate picture files. If you do not have pictures, you can continue without them, and come back later to add them at any time.
- Click on Next > or Save to review a summary of the location information and save it.