YourVirtuoso creates a website for you based on the information you provided when you signed up for service, and using the information you enter in the admin system about your teachers, locations, sessions, classes, policies etc.
In addition to automatically updating your website as you change this information (add classes; mark classes complete; activate new sessions/semesters etc.) you can also edit some of the "Static" content on your website. This includes most of the images and text you see when you visit your public site.
Hint: If you just want to see your public site without editing it - just as your customers see it - you can click the YourVirtuoso logo in the top left of your admin page (If you want to keep the admin page open try right clicking the logo and choosing to open your website in a new window)
Open the Website Editor
Put your mouse over the Content menu in the admin system and click on Website Editor
A new window appears with and editable version of your public website
Your Editable Website
The new window will appear the same as your public website, but with a blue shaded "Control Area" area at the bottom of the page containing the words Create Draft, and No Current Draft
You will edit your website page by page as follows:
- Use the navigation buttons, menus and links on it to get to the page you wish to edit
- Click on Create Draft to generate a version of the page that you can edit
- Make the changes you want
- Save the draft version of the page
- Preview it if needed
- Publish it so that it becomes the page that your customer will now see
Go to the page you want to edit now, and click on Create Draft
Editing a Page
- You will notice that some areas of the page are now shaded in blue. These are the editable areas.
- The Control Area now includes more tools
Areas that are not shaded are not editable, but in some cases are updated automatically from your admin system (e.g. Class lists, Location descriptions, Teacher Bio's and pictures)
The next step is to click on one of the shaded areas to open the editor. First try clicking a text area...
Editing a Text Area
When you click on a text area, a window pops open with the text in an editor. The editor has a toolbar with many of the same features you find in a word processor, for example:
- Indenting and lists
- Bold, Italic, centering etc.
- Text and background color
- Adding links
- Inserting images within the text
Once you have edited the text to your liking, you can click OK to return to the webpage to see the changes with the page context and styles.
You can also click Cancel to return to the webpage without your changes, or Delete to completely remove this text area from the page.
Editing an Image
When you click on a blue highlighted image on your draft webpage, an image editor window pops up. Here you can:
- See the currently selected image
- Upload an image from your computer
- Browse the various libraries (collections) of images on your system
- Select a new image with the green check mark
- Change the "Alt Text" for the image to help with Search Engine Optimization
- Make the image a link to another web page
- Change the size of the image
If you are happy with the change, click OK to return to the webpage to see the changes with the page context and styles.
You can also click Cancel to return to the webpage without your changes, or Delete to completely remove this image area from the page.
Reviewing your changes
Now is the time to take a good look at your changes and see if your page is they way you want it. You can use the Preview tool to see it without the blue highlighting if you wish.
- If you want to discard all your changes and start again, just click Cancel
- If you are happy with this page, click Save Draft
When you save the draft, it becomes the the page in your "Staging" area it is not yet on your public website, but whenever you come back to edit this page, this will be the version you will start from. If you wish, you can now make other changes to other pages, or you can publish this version to your public website now
Publishing your changes
- To publish this page and replace your current public website page with this version, click Publish
- To remove this draft, and revert to the original version, click Revert
If you are done editing your web pages, just close this window/tab in your browser and you are done.