When a family pays for their class online, everything is entered in YourVirtuoso for you automatically. If they provide you with a check, cash or their credit card information, you should enter the payment starting from the list of families or from the family’s account page.
Take a Payment from the Family List
- Click on Families in the main menu and use the advanced find, or Initial Letter navigation and scroll to find the family for whom you have a payment.
- Click on the payment link to the far right of their name
- Skip to Taking the Payment below...
Take a Payment from the Family Account Page
- Navigate to the Family AR page by clicking on the Family AR Info sub-menu
- Click on Take a Payment
Taking the Payment
1. Enter how much the payment is for by either picking one of the preset options (Balance or Next Payment) or click on the button Other amount and enter the amount of the payment in the box.
2. Select how this payment is being made (Method) using one of the buttons:
• Cash: You may enter a cash receipt number in the notes area if you wish
• Check: Enter the check number to improve record keeping
• Credit Card: Ensure the name and address are those associated with the card, and fill in the other information
3. Click Next
4. On the Payment Confirmation page which appears next, verify that the amount of the payment corresponds to the cash or check, or the amount the customer wishes to put on their card, and click Take Payment. If the payment is not what you want, click Back to correct it, or Cancel to go back to the Family AR page and start over.