The goal of YourVirtuoso is to automate all discounts, prorates etc. and if this were entirely possible, there would be no need to manually adjust accounts. However, some discounts (for example) are not automated, and special situations will always arise where your intervention is required, and even desired, so YourVirtuoso allows manual adjustments.
There are two types of adjustment that can be made in YourVirtuoso; a charge modification and a general adjustment. The golden rule for making adjustments is to ALWAYS USE CHARGE MODIFICATIONS IF POSSIBLE.
Charge modifications allow better tracking of your revenues, allow your changes to be properly reflected in scheduled payments, and handle any sales tax adjustments for you. General adjustments will correct a family’s overall AR balance, but may result in imbalanced accounts, where scheduled payments that do not match the AR balance.
Select the Family AR
Charge modifications can be used to change the amount a family is charged for Registration, Materials or Tuition costs at any time after they have enrolled in a class. This might be due to the application of a discount, the selection of a different materials package, or the application of a surcharge (for late payment for example).
To adjust a charge use the following steps:
- Navigate to the Family Accounts Receivable page for the family concerned using the Families menu
- Go to their Account page using the Family AR Info submenu.
Find the Charge to modify
- Use the View selectors if necessary along with the scroll bar to find the charge you need to modify in the list of transactions. It is often the last transaction for the family, and will be at the bottom of the list when you scroll down.
- Click on the modify link to the right of the charge description.
For materials charges, you can select any of the materials packages associated with that unit of that curriculum from the first drop down menu.
- To apply one of your pre-defined discounts to a charge, select the appropriate discount in the Discount drop down menu.
- If the combination of materials package and discount menus does not give you the adjustment you need, simply enter the new charge amount (not the adjustment) in the field provided, and if applicable, check off if your new charge is inclusive of sales tax.
- Write a short reminder about this change in the Reason box and click on Next