If you need to refund money to a family, you should keep track of it in YourVirtuoso to ensure that the family’s AR records are correct. Do this by following these steps:
Select the Family AR
Charge modifications can be used to change the amount a family is charged for Registration, Materials or Tuition costs at any time after they have enrolled in a class. This might be due to the application of a discount, the selection of a different materials package, or the application of a surcharge (for late payment for example).
To adjust a charge use the following steps:
- Navigate to the Family Accounts Receivable page for the family concerned using the Families menu
- Go to their Account page using the Family AR Info submenu.
Click on Give Refund
Record the Details
- Enter the Amount of the refund and whether it is cash or check or charge. For checks, enter the number of the check you write for record keeping purposes, and click on > Next
- For credit card refunds, you will need to be using the SimplySignup merchant option, have enough payment funds accumulated that have not been settled to your bank yet, and the family will need to have made one or more payments in the last 60 days against which the refund can be given (This is a merchant bank restriction). If you do not have enough funds available, you can try again after more payments have been received, but before the next settlement (Friday afternoon, before the midnight Eastern time settlement) is a good time to make card refunds.
- Click Next and confirm the details on the following page and click on Give Refund or Cancel.