Originally from ticket #12447.
We're not having classes this Saturday & Sunday and it looks like some of the classes aren't showing it as a holiday/no classes. Can you please tell me how to pull the class from the calendar and as a make-up option?
I'll answer the specific question, but first some clarification on holidays and class dates:
Here is how holidays affect your class attendance dates:
1. If you have a holiday or closing on your marketing calendar, it will automatically show as a non-meeting date when you create a session (so set up the marketing calendar first)
2. If you have a holiday/closing on your session dates, it will automatically be excluded when you create a new class (but will not affect existing classes - so check the session closings when you first create it)
When a class is created, it will use the session calendar and the start and end dates you specify (which default to the session dates) along with the day of week, to create all the meeting dates for that class.
To change the meeting dates:
- Go to Classes/List of classes
- Click under the "Roster" column for the class you need to change to get straight to the enrollment page
- Click the date in the header of the attendance area and select one of the options. For example "Class rescheduled" to pick a new date for that class to meet, or "Class did not meet" to just remove that date.
P.S. What if you add a holiday after creating classes? Try to avoid this, but here are your options:
If there is no enrollment yet, try cloning the session to get fresh classes with new holidays.
If there is enrollment, you can edit the classes on the affected day of the week and change them to a different day, save it, and then change back again and save to reset their meeting dates (you may need to log out and in to see the changes updated).