Originally from ticket #11961.
I just discovered that I have at least one family with two accounts, each under a different email. One account has their imported history, the other is their registration for the upcoming winter semester. And another family actually has three accounts, two for the mom and one for the dad, even though they all live happily together, they just apparently took turns registering the kids. Is there a way to merge the information between accounts? Thanks!
There is no easy way to merge accounts once the family has created them. If you want to do it, it takes a few steps.
1. Decide which account to keep - usually the one with all the history. I'll refer to this as the "Old" family and the duplicate one as "New". Note any differences in the accounts (email, address, phone etc)
2. Enroll old student(s) in the correct class(es)
3. Remove new student(s) from the classes they are in
4. Make An Adjustment to new family AR of $X to get it to $0 balance
5. Make the opposite adjustment of $X to the old family AR (Should cover balance if the new family had paid)
6. If the old family AR is now out of balance, "view next payments", modify one of them and correct scheduled payments
7. go to new family and "archive" them
8. advise the family that their account has changed and update their email etc. if they wanted the new info they used.