Note: This document only applies to subscribers using their PayPal Business account to accept payments. It does not apply to subscribers using the built in SimplySignup payment processing, even when the customer uses their PayPal account (PayPal Express Checkout).
In normal operation, Yourvirtuoso will receive a payment notification from PayPal (IPN) after the customer completes the payment on the PayPal website. If there has been a disruption to this process, you may find payments in your PayPal Business account that are not shown in YourVirtuoso. This will show up in YourVirtuoso as a family with a balance due and a Payment that is either "Pending" or "Scheduled" (Scheduled payments can be seen by selecting the "View All" or "View Next 10" option above the transaction list).
To resend the IPN notifications manually and update YourVirtuoso to match PayPal, complete the following steps.
- Login to your PayPal Account
- Click Profile, and My Selling Tools
- Find the "Instant Payment Notifications" line and Click Update
- Click Choose IPN Settings
- Specify a URL in the Notification URL field. Anything is OK as we do not use it -http://yourvirtuoso.com
- Select Receive IPN messages (Enabled)
- Click Save
- Click the link on the next page to the "IPN History Page"
- Select the dates for the missing transactions (or all). Do not worry about picking transactions that have already been correctly processed in YourVirtuoso - they will not be duplicated.
- Click Search
- Select all the transactions and Click Resend Selected
- Click Confirm
- YourVirtuoso should receive them, and the following day, they will be properly reconciled in the family accounts.