Originally from ticket #11819.
I would like to set up some demo classes in January. I have added them to the calendar but I would like people to be able to register for them on the site. Please let me know how to set it up.
The "try a class" link on the website will allow families to schedule a preview in any regular class that has previews enabled (# of Preview Students > 0). If you want to also schedule specific preview/demo classes, you can create a special class type (curriculum) for them and add classes to your schedule as follows:
1) In Setup/Curricula Add a curriculum based on the appropriate standard one (e.g. Mixed Ages) and give it a name that makes it clear it is a demo or preview class
2) Set the default number of classes for the curriculum to 1, the price to $0, and change the description and images as you wish.
3) Set the class size AND number of previews to you desired maximum class size
4) Go to Classes/Add a Class and add a class with your new demo curriculum.
5) Check the settings for the class and pick your start date, end date (the same), and day/time
6) Repeat for each demo class you want to schedule
7) Activate the classes (You can activate them at different times if you want to fill some before opening the others)
Families will see these classes when they use the "Try a Class" feature, and will also see them when they browse your class schedule.